I am a specialist in biotech
due-diligence and competitor analysis.
Dr. Dan Palmer BSc BA PhD MBA FRSC CChem
I founded Proficit Partners to support biotech SMEs with first-class consulting, research and problem solving.
My own research focuses on cancer
auto-immune disease aetiologies.
More about me
I’ve spent most of my 20-year career in R&D management in biotech SMEs, developing platform technologies and many therapeutic applications.
Though I have a broad science background, much of my work has been focused on drug delivery science, polymers & biomaterials and nanotechnologies for oncology or auto-immunity.
I have managed interdisciplinary R&D across biology, chemistry and engineering, and work at the interface of SMEs, academia and large-cap pharma. I’ve also worked in intellectual property management and strategy for the last 15 years and I am an inventor on >20 international patent families.
- Principal Consultant, Proficit Partners, UK – 2016
- Chief Scientific Officer, Midatech Pharma PLC, UK – 2014
- Managing Director, Q Chip Ltd, Cardiff, UK – 2013
- Chief Scientific Officer, Q Chip Ltd, Cardiff, UK – 2010
Imperial College Business School: Executive MBA (2012-2014)
- Specialism in technology, strategy and entrepreneurship.
- Further studies in sustainability, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, marketing, economics and accountancy
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh: PhD. in Chemistry (2000-2003)
- CASE award sponsored by Syngenta PLC with industrial placement at Syngenta, Grangemouth – transition metal catalysis for industrial carbonylation reactions
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh: BSc (Hons) in Chemistry (1996-2000)
- Included ERASMUS research placement at Julius Maximillian Universität, Würzburg, Germany working on complex organic synthesis & cyclo-addition chemistry
- I became a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry in 2014 and a Chartered Chemist in 2010.
- Winner of the Imperial College Business School 2014 award for best Executive MBA thesis.
- I was awarded Cardiff University’s 2010 Innovation Award for research into novel stem-cell culture systems.